Thursday, January 26, 2012

Introducing...(Genna)

Hello world!

The name’s Genna, and I am one of the new contributors for the Hear it From Her blog! I am a 3rd year Chemical Engineering and Bioengineering student, and I’m actively involved in the student life of Mac Eng and various engineering clubs. Like Paula and Daniela, I am also a Redsuit.

Funny story, I was actually a life science student in my first year, but I learned the error of my ways (no offense to those life sci students out there!) and switched over to Eng in the summer of my first year. One thing I can say about the process: endless summer school=no fun! But I’m glad I made the switch because I love my faculty now!

Anyways, life is great here at Mac Eng. I am part of the McMaster Engineering Musical (cast member and choreographer), and rehearsals are in full swing! My Saturdays and Sundays are now devoted to singing, dancing, and generally making a fool of myself. It is definitely one of my favourite extra curricular activities.

The show is 100% ours. We write the songs and script ourselves, we are the actors in the show, the band is made up of students, and even the crew is all undergrad engineers! If you’re curious about the show, check us out at www.macengmusical.com and you can read about some of our past shows. This year we’re doing (drumroll please)……..THE ENG KING! Oh yes, it is a spoof on the Lion King, and it is going to be absolutely amazing!

Now I do get the lovely task of managing my time between school, musical, volunteering, and maybe having a social life! Just kidding, my extracurricular activities are super duper social. Tonight’s plan: maybe finish my process simulation homework, and then watch Disney movies till the wee hours of the morning with my housemates. Sounds like a good night? I think so!

Anyhoo, that’s all for now folks! You’ll get updates from me periodically about the goings on in my life; I know you’ll all be waiting on the edge of your seat!


Cheers!

-Genna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line if you have a question or comment! If you're bored, though, find something else to do - any offensive or inappropriate comments will be deleted. You can always email us at goeng1@mcmaster.ca!