Thursday, February 9, 2012

Work work work....then fun! (Genna)


Hello World!

So the semester is well underway, and in the grand tradition of engineering I am now buried in midterms and assignments. I’m talking about constant back to back midterms peppered with assignments, tutorials, and lab reports. Doesn't that sound like fun? Well, to me it actually is! As much as the workload may be daunting I do love what I’m learning. Although I’m not too excited for my 3 midterms in a row next week…Ugh!

Oh well! One by one I’ll get it all done. What’s keeping me going this week is the thought of Karaoke Night with the cast/crew/band of the engineering musical! We like to act a little silly from time to time, and what could be sillier than singing the Spice Girls at the top of your lungs in front of a group of strangers?! We like to do bonding activities here at Mac Eng - it’s like one big happy family!


Above: Here's a group shot of the absolutely fantastic cast of the 2012 Mac Eng Musical. Can't wait for the whole show to come together!

Above: Musical is serious business! Here we are rehearsing a scene in the show. We are so intimidating!

I can’t wait for reading week. The best part about it: sleeping in every day in the week because there are no classes! I think I may go skiing with some friends from high school…or just spend the time at home with my dog :P

On an exciting note, I got rehired with one of my professors, so this summer I get to spend time doing research in the laboratories on campus. It’s really fun, and I actually have a chance to apply the material I've learned in class to a real life situation!

Anyways, I gotta go back and hit the books. I’ll tell you all about my summer job another day. Hope everyone’s having a fantabulous February!

Cheers

-Genna

No comments:

Post a Comment

Drop us a line if you have a question or comment! If you're bored, though, find something else to do - any offensive or inappropriate comments will be deleted. You can always email us at goeng1@mcmaster.ca!